The Business Case for Zero Waste Design
Tuesday, November 22, 2016, 9am-10am (PST)
There is growing pressure on business to produce less waste in the design and production of goods and packaging. Is this pressure matched by performance? Is there a clear understanding of the benefits to zero waste – for shareholders and consumers? Is there a clear understanding of how to put zero waste into practice – what do we need to consider when matching pressure to performance with respect to delivering on waste reduction? In this webinar, hear from three standout companies on why designing waste out of their products and packaging makes good business sense – and how designing for zero waste needs to consider things like employee engagement, the impact of expanding market areas, and finding the right consumer niche.
To find out more about each of the featured companies, see our online design portfolio,
Celebrating Canadian Design for Waste Prevention and Systems-thinking, on our website.
Moderated by Alan Blake, formerly Executive Director, PAC Next
- Jason Boyce, Sustainability Manager, Nature's Path Foods -
- Geoff Christou, Co-founder, Our Paper Life -
- Munu Hicken-Gaberria, President and CEO, Live for Tomorrow -
Important Webinar Login Instructions
Our webinar will be run on the "Adobe Connect" platform which works on a variety of standard web browsers and computers requiring almost no preparation beforehand.
To participate in the webinar
- Please visit this link on November 22, 2016:
http://meet66017093.adobeconnect.com/webinar (you will be taken to the "National Zero Waste Council - Member Webinar" page)
- You will be taken to the "National Zero Waste Council - Member Webinar" page hosted by the Adobe Connect system.
- Select "Enter as a Guest" and then type in your name as it will be displayed to the rest of the audience and presenter(s).
- Click on "Enter Room" and the session will begin.
Advance test: To ensure that your participation is as smooth as possible, we invite you to run this "Adobe Connect" test sometime before the session. The test is located at:
https://admin.acrobat.com/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm. This test will run through 4 checks.
It is not necessary to pass the 4th test - there is no need to install the "Adobe Connect Add-In".
If you have any technical questions about the test and/or logging in, please email