Help shape the direction of waste prevention in Canada by becoming a member of the National Zero Waste Council.
The Council enables organizations to network nationally with peers and leaders in the field; share and develop knowledge; and advance policy on important issues related to waste prevention, zero waste and the circular economy.
As a Council Member, your organization can:
- join a growing stakeholder network developing new solutions to address waste generation and advance a circular economy, and build connections across the country;
- take advantage of webinars, workshops, and dialogues to discuss emerging topics and share and learn about best practices;
- become involved in research, policy and other initiatives to advance best practice and develop tools, strategies and approaches related to waste prevention and the circular economy;
- attend the AGM and Members Forum featuring international and national experts and thought leaders;
- participate in national working groups and strategic initiatives;
- help shape the Council workplan and raise issues and activities for the Council to consider;
- show support for waste prevention and the responsible use of resources in a circular economy;
- be provided a reciprocal link on the Council website.
Membership in the Council is open to:
- local, provincial, federal or territorial government entities;
- businesses or business organizations which are incorporated or have been in business for three years;
- other public or academic entities.
Membership is by application. Members must support the guiding principles, mission and vision of the National Zero Waste Council, be advancing waste prevention through the work of their organization, and be available to contribute to the work agenda of the Council.
Individuals and organizations that do not meet the requirements for membership but support the vision of the National Zero Waste Council and want to follow the Council's progress, can register as a Supporter to receive regular updates.